What to Wear For Your Senior Portrait Session | Ann Arbor Senior Portrait Photographer
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
1. What colors will be in the background? Green grass? Fall leaves (orange, red, yellow)? concrete from buildings? Choose colors that will complement and/or stand out against the background.
2. Is it comfy? Do you want a more traditional/posed session or an active session? Make sure that nothing feels too stiff, too tight, or too big. You don’t want to be fussing with your clothes during the session. Make sure you are comfortable, even if you want something more formal in nature.
3. Do you feel good about yourself in it? If you feel fantastic in your clothes, that will lead to more natural, joyful expressions. If you don’t feel great in your outfit, that will carry over as well.
4. Is it you? Do you want to go for a casual look? Or dressed up? Ultimately, I tell clients that you should dress in a way that you feel represents your personality.
5. What do you want the end result to be? How will you display your photos? Are you interested in a large print for the wall? A series of prints? Consider how your color palette goes with your home decor, especially your wall colors.
1. Solids and small patterns photograph best.
2. Neutrals are timeless
3. Lastly, lay all the clothes out on a bed and snap a photo and send it my way for feedback. Still not sure? Bring it all. Seriously. Bring everything you are considering, and I will help you choose the best outfit, shoes, and accessories for your location. Let’s have fun planning the details!